Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day Eighteen - Snatch

I woke up this morning, still hurting. First thing I did when I get to work was go down to the gym and see what Brent had planned for todays workout, to see if I could do it or not. It was a lot of the same exercises we did on tuesday, one specifically that I was sure that put me in this situation. Brent said too bad, be there! And there I was. There were only 3 of us in class today, so we got lots of special personal attention. We went along through the workout, and I was sore put pushing through. The one I thought that hurt me was towards the end, the dumbbell snatch. As soon as I did the first one, I knew that was it! That was the culprit! But I kept going. It hurt, but at the same time it was working it out too. For todays 'finisher', he had the other 2 girls sprint on the treadmill, I got more personal special treatment. He has these huge giant rubber band type things, he tied them together, then put one around his waist and one around mine. Then I got to try to run away, with his big ass as an anchor. I kinda liked it actually. Each time I tried to get further then I did the time before. I guess that is one way to make me run, he is smart!
I was also informed today that I will be in the boot camp class again when they start back up. This is the last week of his sessions, he is off for a week, then the next session starts. I was hoping to go back to basic training, I had no plans for boot camp! There is so much that is so hard for me to do! I dont really get a choice though, do I?

Tomorrow will be my third weigh in. I have no idea what to expect. I have not weighed myself since last friday. If I am not eating right and doing what I am supposed to, I dont bother to weigh and see where I am at. We will find out. I could gain 1 pound, I could gain 7, I have no clue what will happen.

Im attaching a link of good old Brent doing the exercise that injured me. He has all kinds of videos on his you tube channel, you can see all the crazy stuff he makes me do.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie! Sorry I haven't checked in with you. Actually, I've kept up reading but haven't had time to reply. Sorry about you getting hurt! It seems strange to me that he wants you to work when you're injured. I watched that video clip. That's crazy! How heavy a weight did you use? I've seen that move done before but only by actual bodybuilders!! He is an intense one isn't he!!
    Don't stress too much on the weigh in. Have you taken measurements yet? That's what you really need to be looking at! I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete