Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 2 - One Goal

Today is the day I became a college graduate!!! This has been the longest road of my life. I was a high school dropout, living in the gutter. Fast forward 10 years later, I'm a bachelor degree holding, home owning, successful woman.
Nobody helped me get here. Sure, everyone wanted me to go to school, but no one helped me. No one took interest, no one took any time to visit an orientation with me, or help plan a schedule. No one cooked a meal, helped with homework, woke me up after a late night. I did this. I made this happen. I sacrificed for my greater good. My money, my time, my blood sweat and tears. I own this degree 100 percent.

Now that its all said and done, I only have one thing on my to do list...
Lose this mother freaking weight.

I have time now, lots of it! Time to plan, time to exercise, time to rest.

I don't care if it takes me 5 years, I will do this, and I will own this. I will live the life I deserve because I struggled like hell to get here, you have no idea. The only thing stopping me is me, and its time to start kicking my own ass. I thought I became a new person when I turned 30 earlier this year, and started all this stuff, but I have just been reborn right now. You just witnessed it. I will succeed. I will own it. I will make it. I will do this.

One Goal.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!!! Preach sistah! You are totally gonna kick this weight's ass!!!! Love you Katiekins, and I am so proud of you! Keep remembering how worth it you really are : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's my warrior again! I knew she would return. Go and get it, like you got your degree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! And you will conquer this like you've done everything else. Anyone who thinks or says otherwise needs to get off your back and go evaluate their own damn life. I'm sure they have issues they need to focus on as well. Just sayin. With love of course. lol

    ReplyDelete